Course: modeling and simulation of biomass and food processing with USIM PAC software
Modeling and simulation of food processing are very challenging tasks regarding the variability and the complexity of materials in the agro industry. Discover an all-in-one engineering software that address the needs of biomass and food processing manufacturers. Go beyond simulation with USIM PAC software!
Perform simulation of complex materials
Food processing and agro industries involve producing a high variety of products. Their common point: the complexity of the materials treated and of the reactions induced. In a context of tight margins, process simulation is becoming a powerful tool to reduce development costs and time-to-market.
Predict, design, size equipment, evaluate costs, increase process efficiency and sustainability… Learn how USIM PAC software allows you to model biomass materials and unit operations to achieve your operational goals. From data reconciliation to mass balance, modeling and simulation, discover this all-in-one engineering toolbox.
- Process engineers (plants, engineering companies…)
- R&D engineers
concerned by process design and optimization of biorefineries and food processes
- Computing: use of spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel
- Process: basic notions on main equipment, physical and chemical processes of material from living sources (plants, algae, milk, sea…)
- General presentation of USIM PAC software
- Main functions
- «Guided tour»
- Modeling of material from living sources
- Presentation of the main unit operation models for agro industries
Generation of a consistent and detailed mass balance from measured data
- Principles of data reconciliation by material balance / required data / algorithm
- Application example: material balance of a pilot operation for plants extraction
Sizing an industrial plant from pilot operation data
- Main equipment sizing
- Establishment of predictive mass balancing
- Investment and operation cost calculation
Existing plant optimization
- Sensitivity studies
- Comparison of scenarios
- Improvement of process performance
- Discover USIM PAC process simulation software functionalities for design and optimization of agro industries process
- Establish a data reconciliation by mass balancing method
- Learn how to size a plant from pilot plant data and optimize an existing one
- Training is based on documents given to the trainees
- Using the process simulation software USIM PAC, trainees will apply the theory to solve industrial case studies
- Approach based on real cases
- Training in French and English
1250 € (excl. taxes)
- March 18-19, 2019 – Orléans (France)
- November 25-26, 2019 – Orléans (France)
Training a team?
Modeling and simulation of biomass and food processing course is also proposed in intra-company mode.
It can be customized to your needs and your specific problems.
You could also be interested by these training courses
Data reconciliation by mass balancing with BILCO software
Enhance the quality of process data with a full material balance
1 250 € (excl. taxes)
Pressure drop calculation with FLUIDFLOW software
Quickly design accurate piping systems for any fluid
1 250 € (excl. taxes)
Don’t see the course right for you? We can customize existing programs or develop unique training to incorporate your specific needs.
Join CASPEO at the SIM congress (congress of the French mineral industry society) - Montpellier (France), October 1-4, 2019. The SIM exhibition (Exhibition of the Congress of Mineral Industry...read more
After launching a new logo during the summer, we reveal this week our new website to celebrate our 15th anniversary. The new website reflects the new identity and the new positioning of CASPEO. It...read more
We reveal this week a new logo. To celebrate our 15th anniversary, we give a new interpretation of CASPEO identity. New logo, new identity, new website to reflect what we are today. Let's go beyond...read more
Register to a course
Please fill out the form to register to one of our engineering courses. Your registration will be definitely validated when you get the confirmation e-mail.
Subscribe to our newsletter
CASPEO provides trusted process design and optimization services and simulation software to engineers dealing with solids and all types of raw materials. With CASPEO, go beyond process simulation.