Course: sampling calculation with ECHANT software
Sampling is a major concern for processing plants. Samples must be representative and accurate to give a good picture of plant performance and also enable optimized process analysis. When dealing with heterogeneous materials, minimize sampling and measurement errors are complex tasks. Sampling calculation course with ECHANT software will bring you the key to design reliable sampling protocols and campaigns.
Better monitor your process with sampling
When sampling solid materials, there is inevitably a difference between what is observed on the sample and what would have been observed on the whole material (i.e. the lot). This heterogeneity is responsible for the generation of the main sampling error, known as the Fundamental Sampling Error (FSE).
Based on Pierre Gy’s sampling theory, you will learn to calculate the Fundamental Sampling Error with ECHANT software and design reliable sampling protocols for any solid material.
- Process engineers
concerned by sampling and measurement for process audit, site diagnostic and material characterization
- Computing: use of spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel
What is sampling
- Sampling quality
- Sampling error approach
- Material heterogeneity
Pierre Gy’s theory
- Fundamental Sampling Error (FSE)
- Application fields
- Calculation of Fundamental Sampling
- Errors for various types of materials
- Different cases of sampling plans
- Introduction to the sampling calculator ECHANT
- Find answers: what is a representative sample, how collect samples, how many measurements are required…
- Learn how to improve your sampling strategy
- Training is based on documents given to the trainees
- Using the sampling error calculator ECHANT, trainees will apply the theory to solve industrial case studies
- Approach based on real cases
- Training in French or English
990 € (excl. taxes)
- February 4-5, 2020 – Orléans (France)
- September 17-18, 2020 – Orléans (France)
Training a team?
Sampling calculation course is also proposed in intra-company mode.
It can be customized to your needs and your specific problems.
You could also be interested by these training courses
Data reconciliation by mass balancing with BILCO software
Enhance the quality of process data with a full material balance
1 250 € (excl. taxes)
Measurement and sampling error calculation for quality assurance and quality control
Enhance quality by better measurement and sampling of your solid materials
750 € (excl. taxes)
CASPEO will participate at the next J3P scientific day on hydrometallurgical processing - Nancy (France), November 28, 2019. Hydrometallurgical processes for metal recovery and recycling In a...
Geologia is the French exhibition where students and geoscience companies meet. Join CASPEO in Nancy (France), November 14, 2019. The place where students and geoscience companies meet Every year,...
Ingénieur d'affaires junior (H/F) - génie des procédés - CASPEO est une PME innovante, spécialisée dans l'amélioration des procédés appliqués aux domaines minier, de la bio-industrie et du déchet....
Register to a course
Please fill out the form to register to one of our engineering courses. Your registration will be definitely validated when you get the confirmation e-mail.
Subscribe to our newsletter
CASPEO provides trusted process design and optimization services and simulation software to engineers dealing with solids and all types of raw materials. With CASPEO, go beyond process simulation.