Course: data reconciliation by mass balancing with BILCO software
Process follow-up and process modeling require a reliable and accurate set of data to give a clear picture of operating conditions and enable accurate process simulation. Data reconciliation by mass balancing aims to enhance the quality of raw measured data by reducing random errors in order to make them consistent with the material balance. Discover how BILCO software can help you to solve mass balance calculation, analyze and improve your plant performance.
Data reconciliation, a key step to monitor, control and optimize a process
Process data are not accuratly measured, or even not-measured. Like every measurement, they are subjected to errors and deviations. Measurement uncertainty could affect the performance of a plant. Industrial process data validation and reconciliation techniques, also called DVR, enable to work from reliable data by exploiting the redundancy property of measurements and the material conservation laws.
BILCO software computes coherent material balances from all the available data for all the process streams. It allows determination in quantity and quality of the composition of each stream, improves the accuracy of measurements and determines unmeasured values. Ready to turn data into insights?
- Process engineers
- Operation engineers and technicians
- Yield enhancement engineers
concerned by mass balance problems (mineral processing, waste, food, chemical…)
- Computing: use of spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel
- Process: basic notions on main equipment, physical and chemical process
What is data reconciliation?
- Mass balance through an example
- Necessary data: material description, experimental measurements, material conservation constraints
- Notion of measurement error
- BILCO reconciliation algorithm
- Results analysis
Case study: global plant analysis
- Initialization and data input functions
- Implementation of the calculation algorithm
- Results display and interpretation
- Mass balancing computation on complex industrial cases
- Chemistry-mineralogy reconciliation
- Environmental impact assessment
- Customized cases
- Initiation to BILCO mass balance calculator
- Establish material balance sheets consistent with the laws of conservation of the material (the balance sheets “loop”)
- Learn how to improve the quality of the measured data
- Training is based on documents given to the trainees
- Using the reconciliation software BILCO , trainees will apply the theory to solve material balance problems
- Approach based on real cases
- Training in French or English
1250 € (excl. taxes)
- March 5-6, 2019 – Orléans (France)
- October 15-16, 2019 – Orléans (France)
Training a team?
Data reconciliation by mass balancing course is also proposed in intra-company mode.
It can be customized to your needs and your specific problems.
You could also be interested by these training courses
Measurement and sampling error calculation for quality assurance and quality control
Enhance quality by better measurement and sampling of your solid materials
750 € (excl. taxes)
Sampling calculation with ECHANT software
Develop well-designed sampling protocols and campaigns
990 € (excl. taxes)
Don’t see the course right for you? We can customize existing programs or develop unique training to incorporate your specific needs.
Join CASPEO at the SIM congress (congress of the French mineral industry society) - Montpellier (France), October 1-4, 2019. The SIM exhibition (Exhibition of the Congress of Mineral Industry...read more
After launching a new logo during the summer, we reveal this week our new website to celebrate our 15th anniversary. The new website reflects the new identity and the new positioning of CASPEO. It...read more
We reveal this week a new logo. To celebrate our 15th anniversary, we give a new interpretation of CASPEO identity. New logo, new identity, new website to reflect what we are today. Let's go beyond...read more
Register to a course
Please fill out the form to register to one of our engineering courses. Your registration will be definitely validated when you get the confirmation e-mail.
Subscribe to our newsletter
CASPEO provides trusted process design and optimization services and simulation software to engineers dealing with solids and all types of raw materials. With CASPEO, go beyond process simulation.