Course: measurement and sampling error calculation for quality assurance and quality control
Improving quality is the key to mitigating risks and reducing costs. However, measurement and sampling error calculation is often overlooked. Measurement uncertainty should be part of QA/QC policy. Learn how to calculate the variability arising from solid materials measurement and to set sampling campaign to better monitor your process.
Measurement and sampling error calculation to enhance quality
Measurement uncertainty is critical for risk assessment and decision making. Sampling and measurement error should be calculated accurately. They are used to set the quality objectives, then to assess the quality of the measurement results over time regarding the set requirements. More and more, these deviations are determined as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in Quality Health Safety and Environment system.
In this training, you will learn how to calculate the measurement error related to the moisture content and particle size distribution for various materials. Then, you will learn how to design a sampling and measurement plan to meet tolerance requirements and identify points of improvement.
- Process engineers
- Technicians concerned by material characterization for quality control, plant survey and site diagnostic
- Computing: use of spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of methods for measuring moisture content and particle size distribution
- Basic knowledge of sampling issues
Measurements and their sources of uncertainty
Measuring moisture content and particle size distribution
- Overview of the standards
- Origins of measurement uncertainty and variability
Estimate the measurement error
- Components of the total measurement error – application to moisture content and particle size distribution
- Weighing error calculation
- Sampling error for moisture
- Sampling error for particle size distribution
- Analytical error of size distribution proportions for a simple case
- Uncertainty range for a size distribution
- Measurement error for parameters such as mean size, d80 or d95, dispersion
- Calculation of the total measurement error of the moisture content and particle size distribution for various materials and measurement methods
- Design of a sampling and measurement plan for moisture content and particle size distribution to meet tolerance requirements
- Design of a sampling plan for the size distribution measurement of a coarse material
- Case of stocks or material stream
- Estimate overall errors for moisture and particle size distribution analyses
- Find answers: why measurement uncertainty calculation is important, how to set sampling and measurement campaign…
- Learn how to improve your sampling and measurement strategy
- Training is based on documents given to the trainees
- Using the sampling error calculator ECHANT, trainees will apply the theory to solve industrial case studies
- Approach based on real cases
- Training in French or English
750 € (excl. taxes)
- February 6, 2020 – Orléans (France)
- September 22, 2020 – Orléans (France)
Training a team?
Measurement and sampling error calculation course is also proposed in intra-company mode.
It can be customized to your needs and your specific problems.
You could also be interested by these training courses
Sampling calculation with ECHANT software
Develop well-designed sampling protocols and campaigns
990 € (excl. taxes)
Data reconciliation by mass balancing with BILCO software
Enhance the quality of process data with a full material balance
1 250 € (excl. taxes)
Don’t see the course right for you? We can customize existing programs or develop unique training to incorporate your specific needs.
CASPEO will participate at the next J3P scientific day on hydrometallurgical processing - Nancy (France), November 28, 2019. Hydrometallurgical processes for metal recovery and recycling In a...
Geologia is the French exhibition where students and geoscience companies meet. Join CASPEO in Nancy (France), November 14, 2019. The place where students and geoscience companies meet Every year,...
Ingénieur d'affaires junior (H/F) - génie des procédés - CASPEO est une PME innovante, spécialisée dans l'amélioration des procédés appliqués aux domaines minier, de la bio-industrie et du déchet....
Register to a course
Please fill out the form to register to one of our engineering courses. Your registration will be definitely validated when you get the confirmation e-mail.
Subscribe to our newsletter
CASPEO provides trusted process design and optimization services and simulation software to engineers dealing with solids and all types of raw materials. With CASPEO, go beyond process simulation.