Course: pressure drop calculation with FLUIDFLOW software
Still using spreadsheet or free pipe sizers to design your piping networks? Boost your pressure drop calculation expertise with FLUIDFLOW pressure drop calculator. Learn how to size pipes, pumps, fans, compressors or valves in a few clicks for liquids, gas, two-phase, slurry or non-Newtonian fluid systems.
Optimize pipe sizing to save energy and money
Calculations help to better understand a system, to predict its behavior and to optimize it. Fluid mechanics is no exception. Whether you are part of an engineering company, an industrial plant or equipment manufacturers, you need to quickly design and analyze incompressible or compressible fluid flow systems. A way to save energy and money for you or your customers ? Use a pipe flow and pressure drop calculator.
Learn pipe design and friction loss calculations with FLUIDFLOW software. Explore in the same time the main equations and concepts in fluid mechanics (Bernoulli, Reynolds number, Hazen Williams formula, Darcy Weisbach equations…).
- Engineers or technicians in charge of piping design and fluid networks optimization
- Computing: use of spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of fluid mechanics
- Basic equations and theoretical concepts
- Flowsheet building, data input, results display and analysis
- Main functionalities of the software for incompressible fluids calculations
- Database management (fluids, equipment, pipes, valves, materials…)
- Heat transfer calculation
- Mixing of fluids
- Compressible flow
- two-phase liquid/gas
Non-Newtonian & Settling Slurry calculation
- Non-Newtonian/non-settling liquids: theoretical concepts implemented in the software
- Case studies with non-Newtonian fluids
- Case studies with settling slurries
- Discover FLUIDFLOW functionalities for piping network design and pressure loss calculation
- Learn how to manage systems design and optimization for incompressible, compressible, two-phase, non-Newtonian, settling slurry pipe flow
- Using the pipe flow and pressure drop calculator FLUIDFLOW, trainees will apply the theory to solve industrial case studies.
- One free-14 day FLUIDFLOW license (standalone) granted to the trainee
- Approach based on real cases
- Training in French
Training a team?
Pressure drop calculation with FLUIDFLOW software course is also proposed in intra-company mode.
It can be customized to your needs and your specific problems.
You could also be interested by these training courses
Data reconciliation by mass balancing with BILCO software
Enhance the quality of process data with a full material balance
Modeling and simulation of mineral processing with USIM PAC software
Design and optimize efficient and sustainable mineral processing plants
Modeling and simulation of biomass and food processing with USIM PAC software
Design and optimize efficient and sustainable biomass processing
Don’t see the course right for you? We can customize existing programs or develop unique training to incorporate your specific needs.
Discover FLUIDFLOW pipe flow and pressure drop calculator
FLUIDFLOW is a fluid mechanics software to size pipes and calculate the pressure drop in fluids networks. The only pipe flow calculator to manage in a single interface any fluid.
Dense medium separation circuit design and optimisation using enhanced process modelling and simulation
USIM PAC process simulator offers the ability to manage, in one tool, the full processing flowsheet and a detailed description of the ore phase in terms of size distribution, density distribution...
How INVENTEO can help you to implement a true metal accounting system compliant with AMIRA code P754 principles
Metallurgical accounting aims to obtain the most complete and accurate picture of a plant performance in order to guide decision making. A metal accounting system relies on production and inventory...
As an expert in processes of the mineral industry, CASPEO enhances production and inventory data beyond data reconciliation and mass balance by delivering accurate, timely and valuable insights to...
A question about our training course?
Please fill out the form to know more about our training courses.
Subscribe to our newsletter
CASPEO provides trusted process design and optimization services and simulation software to engineers dealing with solids and all types of raw materials. With CASPEO, go beyond process simulation.