Course: metallurgical accounting
Every mineral processing plant ranging from concentrators to smelters and hydrometallurgical refineries, has production reporting obligations. Among them, metal accounting requires to get a complete picture on plant performance. Learn in this metallurgical accounting course how to implement an accurate accounting system complying with the AMIRA code. Better manage the risks involved in your production.
Achieve operational excellence by performing metallurgical calculations
A metallurgical accounting system is the key tool for determining the real performance of concentrators, smelters and hydrometallurgical refineries. Such a system covers the full production process from the mine to the final product.
Learn the main principles of a metal accounting system and the best practice recommended by the AMIRA P754 code. Discover a practical approach for the implementation of a complete metallurgical technical and financing system from the data acquisition and the determination of measurement errors to the different options for stocks determination.
- Process and production engineers
- Financial managers
- Laboratory managers
- Quality controllers
- Computing: use of spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel
- Be involved/interested in material balance and metal accounting
Why metallurgical accounting?
The AMIRA code and its consequences
Definitions and theory
- Data reconciliation by material balance
- Periodicity and scenarios
- Data workflow and validation
- Life cycle of a metal accounting system
- Measurement and data management
- Data storage and inventory
- Improvement of granularity
Some implementation cases with INVENTEO metallurgical accounting software
- Critical case of smelters
- Mine to mill
- Aluminum refinery
- Discover the main features of a metal accounting system through practical examples
- Review all the steps required for implementing a full system
- Training is based on documents given to the trainees
- Approach based on real cases
- Training in French or English
990 € (excl. taxes)
- November 13-14, 2019 – Orléans (France)
- March 10-11, 2020 – Orléans (France)
- November 12-13, 2020 – Orléans (France)
Training a team?
Metallurgical accounting course is also proposed in intra-company mode.
It can be customized to your needs and your specific problems.
You could also be interested by these training courses
Data reconciliation by mass balancing with BILCO software
Enhance the quality of process data with a full material balance
1 250 € (excl. taxes)
Modeling and simulation of mineral processing with USIM PAC software
Design and optimize efficient and sustainable mineral processing plants
1 780 € (excl. taxes)
Don’t see the course right for you? We can customize existing programs or develop unique training to incorporate your specific needs.
Metal accounting estimates the quantity of saleable metals produced over a defined period of time (Morrison, 2008a). The AMIRA P754 code of practice for metal accounting defines metal accounting...
CASPEO will participate at the next J3P scientific day on hydrometallurgical processing - Nancy (France), November 28, 2019. Hydrometallurgical processes for metal recovery and recycling In a...
Geologia is the French exhibition where students and geoscience companies meet. Join CASPEO in Nancy (France), November 14, 2019. The place where students and geoscience companies meet Every year,...
Register to a course
Please fill out the form to register to one of our engineering courses. Your registration will be definitely validated when you get the confirmation e-mail.
Subscribe to our newsletter
CASPEO provides trusted process design and optimization services and simulation software to engineers dealing with solids and all types of raw materials. With CASPEO, go beyond process simulation.