Course: metallurgical accounting
Every mineral processing plant ranging from concentrators to smelters and hydrometallurgical refineries, has production reporting obligations. Among them, metal accounting requires to get a complete picture on plant performance. Learn in this metallurgical accounting course how to implement an accurate accounting system complying with the AMIRA code. Discover how to better manage the risks involved in your production. Time to investigate options to replace your current Excel based metal accounting system with a more robust database?
Achieve operational excellence by performing metallurgical calculations
A metallurgical accounting system is the key tool for determining the real performance of concentrators, smelters and hydrometallurgical refineries. Such a system covers the full production process from the mine to the final product.
Learn in this course the main principles of a metal accounting system and the best practice recommended by the AMIRA P754 code. Discover a practical approach for the implementation of a complete metallurgical technical and financing system from the data acquisition and the determination of measurement errors to the different options for stocks determination.
What is metallurgical accounting
- Importance of metal accounting
- The AMIRA P754 code
- Life cycle of a metallurgical accounting system
Data generation and management
- Introduction to measurement error
- Sampling error
- Data storage and information systeml
Data reconciliation for mineral and metallurgical processes
- Data reconciliation by material balance: case study
- Data reconciliation by material balance: theory
- Granularity increase – Flowsheet
- Granularity increase – Material model
- Stock management and inventory estimation
- Accounting constraints and inventory periodicity
- Data workflow and validation
Implementation in a metal accounting solution
- Integration in the information system
- Demonstration with a gold plant in our INVENTEO solution
- Tips: main feedback from previous projects
- Resources and further readings
- Process and production engineers
- Financial managers
- Laboratory managers
- Quality controllers
- Be involved/interested in material balance and metal accounting
- Discover the main features of a metal accounting system through practical examples
- Review all the steps required for implementing a full system
- Training is based on documents given to the trainees
- Approach based on real cases
- Training in French or English
Know more about online courses
Download pdf (with registration form)
Training a team?
Metallurgical accounting course is also proposed in intra-company mode. It could be run at a location that better suits you.
This training course could also be customized to address your company’s interests.
You could also be interested by these training courses
Learn in this self-paced online course methods to improve the accuracy of your metal balances and how to implement a metallurgical accounting system
Data reconciliation by mass balancing with BILCO software
Enhance the quality of process data with a full material balance
Modeling and simulation of mineral processing with USIM PAC software
Design and optimize efficient and sustainable mineral processing plants
Don’t see the right course for you? We can customize existing programs or develop unique training to incorporate your specific needs.
Discover INVENTEO, metallurgical accounting software
Manage the metal accounting full lifecycle, from sampling to reporting. INVENTEO is the only packaged solution delivering full audits, implementation, procedures and training courses… Beyond a metal accounting software!
Limited-time offer to celebrate St. Barbara Miner’s Day 2023: get one free access to an online course for the purchase of one CASPEO software
As St. Barbara's Day approaches, CASPEO wishes to celebrate it with you with a special offer. Get one free access to a CASPEO self-paced online course with the purchase of USIM PAC, BILCO or ECHANT...
CASPEO team looks forward to seeing you in Dakar at the Senegal International Mining conference and exhibition. The 7th edition of SIM Senegal will take place at the Centre international de...
CASPEO team will be happy to meet you in Bordeaux for the 72nd congress of the French Mineral Industry Society, the SIM 2023. The SIM is the reference exhibition for the extractive industry in...
A question about our training course?
Please fill out the form to know more about our training courses.
Subscribe to our newsletter
CASPEO provides trusted process design and optimization services and simulation software to engineers dealing with solids and all types of raw materials. With CASPEO, go beyond process simulation.